Sunday 2 October 2011

2 months in and it feels like 2 weeks..

26th Sept - 2nd October
ANOTHER WEEK GONE! Crazy.
Monday – Nothing of quality. Mondays are boring in Toronto. I have my photojournalism class. Again, I sat in the wrong seat and was picked to be the model for the day. Good times. I had a DSLR right up in my grill for half the class while my T.A (teacher) took pictures to blow up on the big screen. Awesome.
Tuesday – Feature writing day! For this class I have to do an assignment on a place and interview people etc. I had SO much trouble getting the rights to access a homeless shelter so ended up changing my idea last minute. We have assignments due every week for it, so that was slightly stressful. I feel like they have more of an idea how to make sure students don’t leave assignments to the last minute here. Like, they have progress reports. I think it’s really effective. Met Shauna for lunch today because she was a bum and missed the lecture. It’s a good thing she came to keep me company otherwise I would’ve been a loooooooner.
Kickboxing was tonight as well! We paired up and used the hand things that you punch. My knuckles were a bit bruised after, but it was fun.
Wednesday – Critical Issues day. We formed groups for an assignment that’s due soon. We have to plan a documentary for an issue in journalism. Too much work for my liking but fun all the same.
Thursday – Thursday is usually the day we go out but this week it just wasn’t meant to be. After class we bummed around in Camellia and Jon’s room watching 16 and pregnant. It made us sleepy and hungry so we stayed in haha.
Friday – At night Zach made the trek over and the five of us pre-drank in Jess’ room, played kings and bantered. Around 11ish we headed over to Shoeless Joe’s (a sports bar) – IT WAS FREEZING! There we met the other exchangers and a million other Aussies to watch the grand final! It was so weird having so many Australian accents around, made me definitely not want to come home – I just love the Canadian accent too much! We bailed before the end of the match, got some poutine and went home. Clearly we are not true Australians.


Saturday – I spent the morning tracking people down for interviews for my feature story. I got a few and only got rejected once. Success! At night we prepared for an event called Nuit Blanche, which is an art festival where a whole section of the city gets shut down and various art pieces are displayed. It literally runs from 7pm until dawn and the art pieces are big walk through things. The coolest thing I saw was a pre-recorded 90’s sitcom thing was being shown on a wall outside and inside they were filming and one person was playing the part of the dad and it really looked like they were actually part of the show. It was freezing and by 1.30am we headed home just to de-frost. BUT it was amazing to see.
Sunday – Laaaaaazy day. Spent the majority of the day at the gym and shopping lol. The weather is SO COLD. Feels strange to think that under two months ago I was in 45C heat. Miss it.
Oh and! Happy 20th  for today (Sunday) Evie! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment