Wednesday 30 November 2011

27 days left and I just wish time would freeze..

First snowfall in Toronto today! As I sit here doing homework (kind of), the school across the park is covered in white and little flakes are falling. ITS SO PRETTY!!!! I got a phone call from Jess as she was on her way to uni and she was so excited it was snowing. So i raced down in my pjs and a jacket and we tasted our first Canadian snowflakes!

The excitement lasted a while and we headed across to the park (after putting on a few more layers), but the wind was super strong and turns out the pretty snow was actually painful in our eyes. My feet froze but other than that it was cooooool.

Only just realised I’ve been super slack and skipped out on a blog post for the whole of November. So here it goes, I’ll sum up the month in this post..

Uni started wrapping up (sad), and soon we’ll no longer be students of Ryerson. It was unseasonably warm this entire month and some nights we just wore light jackets and were fine! :o.

I headed to Zach’s shoot early in the month for a documentary to do some work for photojourn. Was super fun and cool to hang out with film students. It was on a musician, so we got to see him jamming and then playing at a gig. Loved it.


A bunch of us heard LMFAO were coming to town so of course we HAD to get tickets. The concert was short and there were a lot of fluro-clad sixteen year olds around us. But it was fun - and they played sexy and I know it...which was all I came to see.


A few days later, we headed off to see Jamie Oliver. Expecting him to cook up a storm I was suuuuuuuuuuuper disappointed when I realised I'd paid money to come see a Q&A sesh. We got his cook book though - not that it'll do me much good. Hey Mum! I found your present.. :)


Jess, Jon and I went to a Ryerson hockey game. Which was AWESOME. The crowd was a disappointment. But ohmygod! Hockey players are so tough! That night we headed out with other Australians to a place called the Mod club – good night that was.

The next week me, Zach and a whole bunch of exchangers went to a Marlies hockey game (team just below the Maple Leafs) which was pretty cool, and I could finally cross “must see hockey game” off my Canadian bucket list.

We also had an ABC party which was organised by RISExC (Anything But Clothes) in a hostel that is close by. I wore a garbage bag. Highlights include: stuffing a whole bunch of people into Jon and Camellia’s room for pre’s, Zach covering the washroom in paper towel, and losing costumes on the walk home.





Toronto also has a big outdoor ice skating rink set up, so the day after ABC we headed out on that. Turns out I’m not a natural ice skater. Who knew! That night there were also fireworks and carols, quite cute.

Last night we had a flag signing, which Eliza came up with. We all got together armed with Canadian flags and markers and signed away! It was such a good idea, but really helped to sink in that we are all leaving soon :(


The weeks have gone so fast here and it’s so hard to believe that I’ve only got 27 days left in this city! It’s so sad, and I’m definitely not ready to go back home :(



No comments:

Post a Comment