Friday 30 December 2011

If only the good things in life lasted so much longer than they actually do..

And if only we didn’t have to say goodbye. These past four months have absolutely flown by and I can’t believe it’s all come to an end. Although I’m devastated to leave, there are definitely some things I won’t miss about Toronto:
·         Navigating through Chinatown everyday to get to uni
·         Bad customer service in retail shops
·         Realising that dress isn’t as cheap as we first thought because we didn’t add tax
·         Craving junk food only to open up my cupboards and find nothing remotely tasty there
·         The crazy lady at reception
·         The crazy cat lady asking for a quarter every time we go to Shoppers
·         Tipping
·         The cold
·         The constant smell of weed
·         Spelling things with a ‘z’
But of course, those things are outweighed by what I will miss:
·         The people
·         The city
·         The Toronto crazies
·         Ryerson
·         The Canadian accent
·         Living in my little hair infested room
·         Thursday student nights
·         Awesome profs at Ryerson who have had amazing work experience and actually care about how well I do
·         Canada
·         Travelling for a few hours to New York, Mexico, Montreal and Vancouver
·         The snow
·         Ice skating
·         Queen Street
·         “Believe in the Lord” Man at Dundas Square -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un2X_zqH79E&feature=related
·         Poutine
I can’t believe that soon I’ll be back in little old Adelaide, with all the same people who said bye to me just over 5 months ago. This has been the best decision of my life to come out here and I’m so thankful to my parents who made it possible. Posts about my last month here as well as my trip to Montreal will come soon, just thought this little reflection deserved a place.
See you all soon!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment